- Gerbers Law, S.C. | Green Bay Attorneys
Gerbers Law provides legal counsel for construction, public works and land use projects, devising effective strategies and solutions to resolve issues to get the project completed. In our construction law practice, we work with owners, architects, engineers, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, specialty contractors, material suppliers and other parties involved in the design, construction and operation of retail, commercial, industrial and public projects.
Our attorneys prepare and negotiate customized and AIA industry-standard contracts for projects ranging in size from single, custom-designed residences to large, multi-phase retail, commercial and industrial projects, as well as subdivision and condominium developments. We work as project counsel from beginning to close-out to minimize potential claims. Such efforts include development and monitoring of best practices relating to change orders, site conditions, claim events, payment applications and lien waivers.
Some of the areas impacting construction projects in which we have substantial experience include:
- Competitive Bidding Process, Bid Mistakes and Protests
- Contract Negotiation and Drafting, including Change Orders
- Payment Claims, including Delay, Acceleration and Suspension of Work Claims
- Design and Construction Defect Claims
- Design Professional Negligence and Malpractice Claims
- Construction and Mechanics Liens
- Insurance Coverage Issues
- Environmental Issues, including Asbestos, Mercury and Mold Disputes
- DBE and MBE Certification
- Litigation of Construction Disputes in State and Federal Courts
- Safety Issues Before OSHA and MSHA
- Construction Site Injury Claims