- Gerbers Law, S.C. | Green Bay Attorneys
- Terry J. Gerbers
Areas of Experience
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Organization
- General Business and Corporate Law
- Business Litigation
- Business Planning
- Real Estate Development
- Tax-Incremental Financing
- IRS section 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges
- Environmental Issues
- Condominium Development
Attorney Profile: Terry J. Gerbers
Terry Gerbers is the President of Gerbers Law, S.C and a practicing commercial & real estate attorney in Green Bay, Wisconsin. As a business lawyer, Attorney Gerbers serves as corporation counsel to many small to medium-sized businesses. He has assisted those businesses in mergers and acquisitions, business organization and planning, corporate record keeping and business litigation.
Attorney Gerbers, who is experienced in real estate law, also negotiates and prepares development agreements for individual investors and development companies. He is experienced in all areas of real estate development, including tax-incremental financing, IRS section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges, municipal approvals and variances, environmental matters as well as commercial and residential condominium development. Attorney Gerbers can advises and assists clients in all types of real estate contracts, from land contracts and leases with an option to purchase, to transferring deeds, easements and commercial real estate leases.
As an experienced trial attorney, Attorney Terry Gerbers has represented clients at all levels of state and federal courts, has participated in trials at both the state and federal levels, and has argued before both the United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Wisconsin Supreme Court. He has also represented clients in municipal courts, tribal courts, administrative hearings and arbitration proceedings. Attorney Gerbers provides mediation services in commercial and real estate disputes, and is retained by other attorneys to provide legal assistance and counseling in their personal affairs.
Attorney Gerbers is licensed to practice and is in good standing in all Wisconsin courts, the United States Federal Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- J.D., Marquette University Law School, cum laude, 1993
- B.B.A., University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, magna cum laude, 1990
- Wisconsin Circuit Courts, District Courts and Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Wisconsin State Bar
- Member of the Brown County State Bar
- Past President of the Holy Family School Board
- Past Board Member of United Way Emerging Leaders Society
- Member of the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Ashwaubenon Business Association
- Member District 14 Office of Lawyer Regulation Committee